Friday, October 25, 2019

An Emotional Kind of Guy


I went out with my family Monday night to P.F.Chang for my birthday meal.  (Don’t ask how old I am.)  I asked seven-year-old Greyson if he wanted to take the umbrella and go out with mw to meet his nine-year-old cousin, Bennett.  Greyson replied, “Sure.”  I grabbed the umbrella and we headed for the doors.  Of course, Greyson had to go through the revolving door.  As he pushed on the big door, he slipped on the wet floor and fell on one knee.  And the tears began and the sobbing began.  I tried to console him, but nothing would do.  I rubbed his knee telling him that he would be all right.  But he just cried and cried.  I continued to soothe and rub.  Finally, his crying eased up.  I said, “Greyson, you weren’t that hurt.”  He answered, “But I’m just an emotional kind of guy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment