Saturday, October 12, 2019

Old Boxes, Old Contents


I have been cleaning out my two-car-garage, which has never held a car.  I think that when I turn off the lights at night, junk multiplies to fill all available space.  So, I have about twenty of these Avon boxes with my old taxes in them.  I have heard that I only need to keep three years back, so Monday, I am shredding the rest.  I have three industrial strength garbage bags and I have been dumping boxes and boxes of years and years of old bills, cancelled checks, and receipts.  Half-way through the second box I realized how good God has been to me over the years.  Thousands of dollars of medical bills, piles of electric bills and water bills and car payments and … well you get the picture.  As I threw in hundreds of old checks, I saw many cancelled checks to the church and to mission projects.  I have often thought that if I take care of God’s business, God will take care of my business.  And He has.  God has been so good to me!  “It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:22,23

No comments:

Post a Comment