Saturday, November 17, 2012

Read Proverbs 20:29  Now this verse is a real problem!  Well, the first half is not a problem, but the second part is.  It talks about gray hair - something that I know a lot about.  Ha, ha!  In the cycle of life, young men like to show off their muscles.  But as the young man ages, he becomes a middle aged man, and then he becomes an old man.  It just seems like yesterday that I was in college running 3 miles before breakfast.  Now I waddle 3 steps to Chick Fil-A to eat breakfast.  Young men are proud of their muscles and old men are proud of their experience.  And experience is seen by their gray hair.  But growing older is no guarantee that you are growing wiser.  Gray hair just means that you are older.  Wisdom comes by listening to God and reading and heeding His Words in His Bible.  Today I finished my work early and I went by . . . can you guess where?  Yes, Chick Fil-A.  At Chick Fil-A senior citizens get free drinks.  So I went by Chick Fil-A and got my free coffee and sat down and read my Bible for an hour.  I Read all of II Thessalonians, I & II Timothy, Titus, and Philemon.  Isn't that amazing!  I read 5 books of the Bible in one day - actually in one hour!  Did you know that most of the books in the Bible can be read in 20 minutes or less?  It isn't very hard to read God's Word.  We just have to do it.  And by reading God's Word, we become wise.  Our gray hair then shows wisdom and not just old age.  I am glad that I have gray hair.  And I am glad that you have muscles!

No comments:

Post a Comment