Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Acts 20:22,24



Acts 20:22,24 And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there: But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God. The Apostle Paul was followed everywhere that he went by the unbelieving Jews. When he preached about to love of Jesus, they tried to get everyone to believe the opposite. But that didn’t bother him. Paul got into trouble with the local authorities because he wouldn’t worship their idols. He was often beaten and put into prison. But that didn’t bother him. Paul was threatened and chased out of towns often. He was always risking his life when he went into a new city to preach. But that didn’t bother him. So, why was Paul so determined? Why did he keep on preaching? Why did he not give up? Verse 24 gives us the reason: Paul was doing what Jesus Christ wanted him to do. He was sharing the good news of salvation that Jesus had brought to earth. He cared about people and he cared about Jesus Christ. He obeyed God’s calling. We should obey God also. How do we know what God wants us to do? Read His words in the Bible and pray. He will tell us what to do, just like He told Paul what to do. If we obey God, we will be happy, because He made us to be His children. God loves us so much. We will be blessed if we love Him back.

No comments:

Post a Comment