Saturday, July 12, 2014

Acts 25:9-12



Acts 25:9-12 But Festus, willing to do the Jews a pleasure, answered Paul, and said, Wilt thou go up to Jerusalem, and there be judged of these things before me? Then said Paul, I stand at Caesar's judgment seat, where I ought to be judged: to the Jews have I done no wrong, as thou very well knowest. For if I be an offender, or have committed any thing worthy of death, I refuse not to die: but if there be none of these things whereof these accuse me, no man may deliver me unto them. I appeal unto Caesar. Then Festus, when he had conferred with the council, answered, Hast thou appealed unto Caesar? unto Caesar shalt thou go. When Festus became the governor of Caesarea in Felix’ place, he was more agreeable to the Jews than Felix had been. So when the Jewish leaders wanted Paul back in Jerusalem where they could ambush him, Festus went along with them. But Paul knew what was going to happen and he wasn’t going to let the Jews win. He was a Roman citizen so he appealed directly to Caesar for justice. Paul knew that Caesar probably would not like his worship of Jesus Christ, but he had to get to Rome to testify for Jesus, and this was his only way to get there. And he was going to take it. Paul was focused on doing the will of Jesus. I wonder if we are as focused on Jesus as Paul was?

No comments:

Post a Comment