Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Romans 3:10,23; 6:23



Romans 3:10,23; 6:23 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. I like to tell people, “first the bad news and then the good news.” The bad news is that we are all sinners. But the good news is that Jesus died for sinners. We are all guilty of our sins, but God forgives our sins and will give us a home in heaven if we but ask His forgiveness. Here is an example: I eat breakfast and don’t know it but I have some egg left on the side of my cheek. I don’t know anything about the egg. Everyone that I meet; I greet and say a big hello. But they are snickering. I have some egg on my cheek and they see it. But a true friend will give me the bad news, “Hey, you need to wipe your cheek.” At first, I am embarrassed. But When I hear that bad news, then I can do something about my messy cheek. I look in a mirror and wipe off my cheek and then I look clean. Just like our verses, first the bad news – I am a sinner. But then the good news – Jesus has offered me the gift of eternal life and paid for my sins!

No comments:

Post a Comment