Wednesday, January 24, 2018

II Chronicles 33:10-13



II Chronicles 33:10-13 And the LORD spake to Manasseh, and to his people: but they would not hearken. Wherefore the LORD brought upon them the captains of the host of the king of Assyria, which took Manasseh among the thorns, and bound him with fetters, and carried him to Babylon. And when he was in affliction, he besought the LORD his God, and humbled himself greatly before the God of his fathers, And prayed unto him: and he was intreated of him, and heard his supplication, and brought him again to Jerusalem into his kingdom. Then Manasseh knew that the LORD he was God. God had warned Israel and their kings about ignoring God. That is exactly what King Manasseh did. So what happened to him? God took away His hedge of protection and allowed the Assyrians to teach King Manasseh a lesson. And King Manasseh learned his lesson. King Manasseh bowed in humility and prayed to God and God heard his prayer! I am so glad that when I mess up and forget God that God is so kind and is willing to forgive me. When God corrects me and I repent and God is sweet to me once again, then I know that God is the Ruler of the universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment