Friday, July 19, 2019

1974 Gremlin


In 1974 I bought a brand new car.  It was actually the only new car that I ever bought.  It was a 1974 American Motors Gremlin.  I paid $2,770 for it, right out of the showroom in Rockwood, Tennessee.  I was so proud of that car.  I can still remember that new car smell.  But, some six years later, I sold my old, worn out Gremlin for $600.  And I was glad to get that much for it.  Hey, nothing lasts forever.  Everything wears out and wears down.  Everything, that is, except for God.  Our old world may wear down, but our dear Lord is eternal.  “They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment.” Hebrews 1:11  It is great to put your trust in the eternal God of the universe!  Have you put your trust in God?  Right now might be a good time to.

No comments:

Post a Comment