Thursday, July 18, 2019

Reggie White


Years ago, my mother was flying back to Maryland from here in in our tiny little Chattanooga airport.  As we were walking to the gate (back when you could do that) she grabbed my arm and excitedly said, “That’s Reggie White!”  And with that, my mother walked right up to him and introduced herself.  She pulled out her little camera and asked if she could get a picture with him.  Good-natured Reggie White agreed and stood up, but my mother had a better idea.  She had my little son hold up his small hand in front of Reggie White’s huge NFL-sized hand, and mom snapped the picture.  I still remember that picture.  Hey, we have the chance to interact with someone much more famous than Reggie White every day!  We can get out our Bible and meet with the Creator of the Universe.  How exciting that should be for us!  But we take it for granted.  Hey, let’s renew our excitement to meet with God every morning!  Read His words with the thrill that we should have when we come into the presence with our Maker!  Really, really meet with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment