Thursday, July 25, 2019

Old Man - New Man


As I get older, there are some things that I miss.  I miss playing football.  I miss running long distances.  I miss late-night excitement.  But now that I’m older, I can’t afford to break a hip playing sports.  And a late night for me is passing up the 10 o’clock news to watch 48 hours and the 11 o’clock news.  But Old Age has its advantages.  On the job site, I am not expected to carry as many 2X4’s as the younger men.  I can even get away with only carrying one 2X4.  Actually, I’d carry a half if I could!  It’s not that I’m lazy, it’s just that I have learned that I can’t do as much as I used to.  Hey, that’s like my spiritual life as well.  The old man wants to cut corners and lay in bed instead of getting up on time to read the Bible and pray.  I need to renew my new man in Christ and stay fresh. Colossians 3:9 & 10 says, “Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:”  I need a refreshing from God.  I need to renew my strength in the Lord!  Hey, how about you?  Do you need a refreshing?  Do you need revival?  God is just where you left Him.  He is ready to meet with you tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment