Saturday, February 27, 2021

GPS

 


I have been a AAA member since 1992.  I thought it would be a good idea when I began traveling overseas to have the breakdown coverage.  And it did come in handy.  In 2004 I stopped in France to fuel up and got diesel instead of gasoline.  The French auto club drained my tank, refilled it with gasoline, and I was on my way.  ÖAMTC, the equivalent of AAA in Austria, changed a flat tire for me in Salzburg, Austria in 1995.  Another feature of AAA is their maps.  I used to pick up maps of Europe and advice on hotels from the AAA office in Chattanooga.  But I haven’t used a map in several years.  With the advent of GPS and satellite navigation, AAA maps are obsolete.  With Magellan loaded in my rental car, I can get to anywhere I please with ease and confidence.  But Europe isn’t the only unfamiliar destination that I need directions for.  I’m glad that I have trustworthy information on how to make the trip to heaven.  I could never get there without the blessed Holy Spirit as my guide.  Hey, I’ve never been to heaven, and God is the only guide qualified to get me safely there.  Jesus himself said in John 14:6, “… I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”  Did you get that?!  Jesus isn’t just one of the ways to heaven, Jesus is the ONLY way!  Just like the onboard navigation that I use to get me to my destinations, Jesus alone will take me safely to heaven.  And that’s a fact!

No comments:

Post a Comment