Monday, February 22, 2021

Quirks

 

It’s funny how you can get a thing in your head and then you can’t get it out.  I remember I had a pastor in our church when I was fifteen years old that had a white dress shirt that had a collar that always stuck out.  To this day, 55 years later, I still wear button-down collars because of Pastor Mc.  And I had an algebra teacher in 9th grade, whom I thought was old, old.  And when Mrs. B. erased the chalkboard, she moved her arm quickly from side to side, back and forth, and the flab under her upper arm flopped from side to side with the eraser.  For all of the years that I was a teacher, I ALWAYS erased up and down, even though it was an awkward motion.  And I ALWAYS wore long sleeved dress shirts when I taught just in case.  Hey, do you have any quirks?  Are you afraid of being embarrassed?  Or do you just think that you might be embarrassed?  Hey, sometimes we are too concerned about our appearances.  We are too worried about what someone else might say about us.  Solomon said in Proverbs 14:26, “In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.”  We should be more concerned about what God thinks about us than what other people think about us.  After all, people only see what is on the outside, but God sees what is in our heart.  Don’t worry about your collar or your flabby arms; worry about your heart.  After all, the heart is where the real you resides.

No comments:

Post a Comment