Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Stairwell

 


My wife was in Memorial hospital for 13 days and I spent most of the time right there with her.  But I missed out on my morning bicycle riding.  I have weak knees, so I ride a bicycle most mornings to keep my “quads” in shape.  If my muscles are strong, my joints are strong, and I have a good pain-free day.  So at the hospital I decided to take the stairs instead of the elevator.  Kathy’s room was on the sixth floor, so you do the math.  The first couple of days were hard, but I got stronger as time went on.  When I got to the sixth floor, I paused in the stairwell to catch my breath before I opened the door.  I didn’t want an overzealous nurse to see me gasping and have her jump into action with a defibrillator.  Hey, have you ever been surprised in life by a situation that turned out not to be what you thought it was?  Have you ever misjudged someone?  Have you ever questioned someone’s motives incorrectly?  I have.  If I am not careful, I may come to a hasty conclusion.  Often, I don’t know all of the facts; I just catch a snapshot.  Jesus reminded us in John 7:24, “Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.”  God knows everything and God is the ONLY one who can judge righteously.  So when you see something unusual, ask yourself, “Did I really see what I think I saw?”  Maybe you did, and maybe you didn’t.  But pause before you grab a defibrillator and spring into action.

No comments:

Post a Comment