Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Texting

 


My granddaughter asked me the other day, “Granddaddy, why do you use your fingers to text?  You should be using your thumbs.  It’s much faster if you use your thumbs.”  I thought for a minute and realized that I type with my fingers (like I am doing right now) so I just text with my fingers too.  But to humor my granddaughter, I tried to text with my thumbs.  But I have a handicap: my right thumb was broken four years ago, and It grew back flatter and wider.  So when I attempt to text a letter with my right thumb, I hit three letters at the same time.  Not good.  So, I’ll just use my fingers, although now I’m self-conscious about it.  Hey, do you have a handicap?  Not necessarily a physical handicap, but just an odd way of thinking.  It could be the way that you see the world.  It could be the way that you deal with people.  You may have a suspicious mind.  You may be skeptical for whatever the reason.  Well, you don’t have to continue that way.  Grow a new “self” that is “self” that you want to be.  Paul said in II Corinthians 5:17, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”  If you put your faith is Jesus Christ, Jesus will make you into a new creation!  Your old way of thinking will be behind you and Christ will make you into a brand-new creation!  You may not be able to change a flat thumb, but through Jesus Christ, you can change the way that you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment