Thursday, July 12, 2012

Read Proverbs 11:14  Sometimes we may think that we have a good idea.  We think that we are going to do something that will turn out great.  But after we tell our idea to someone else, they may think of something that we haven't thought of.  Suddenly, our great idea is not so great because we have not thought of everything.  Our verse says that it is good to have several people to talk about an idea so that they can think of all the different points that are good and the points that are bad.  Our verse for today says that when we have many counselors we will not make a mistake.  When I get ready to build something, I ask my builder friend what he thinks of my idea.  When I get ready to go on a mission trip, I ask my preacher friend what he thinks about my plans.  When I get ready to buy something for our house, I ask my wife what she thinks first.  If we ask other people about our ideas first, we will not make mistakes in our decisions.  Ask someone who is smart in that area before you do something.  Then you won't have to go back and change your mind and straighten out a mistake.  Get advice before you so something!

No comments:

Post a Comment