Monday, July 30, 2012


Read Proverbs 13:24  This is a verse that you don’t want me to talk about.  This is a verse that you wish I wouldn’t even mention.  But here it is, right here in the Bible.  Some parents say, “I never spank my child.  I love them too much to spank them.”  But I want to say to those people, “Can I shake your hand?  I want to touch someone who knows more about raising children that God does.”  I know I am silly, but God knows how to raise children better than I do.  And when God says that we should spank our children when they are naughty, we should do it.  We should spank our children, not because we are mad at them.  We should not spank our children because we like to beat up on them.  We should spank our children so that they will learn not to do certain things.  Children need to know that they will be punished when they do wrong things.  There is a Bible principle of cause and effect.  What that means is that when we do something, something else will automatically happen after it.  Fort example, when you start a fire, it will burn something.  When you are mean, you will not have any friends.  When you do not do your schoolwork, you don’t learn.  When you don’t save your money, you won’t have any money later when you need it.  These are all cause and effects.  When you do naughty things when you are little, you get a spanking.  And you learn cause and effect when you are little.  So when you get older and the speed limit sign says 55, you know you will get into trouble if you go 65.  You learned cause and effect when you were little.  If the sign says handicapped parking, you know not to park there or you’ll get a ticket.  You learned cause and effect when you were little.  You learned cause and effect by getting a spanking when you were little.  So you see, spankings are good.  They may hurt us now, but they will help train us to be better people when we grow up.  God always knows what is best and tells us how to live our lives in His Bible.  Even our verse for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment