Thursday, October 9, 2014

I John 2:1



I John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: The old apostle John here writes very tenderly. He uses the words, “My little children”. But he is speaking to adults! he is telling us not to sin. But in the very same verse he says that if we sin God has made a provision for us to get forgiven. John knows us. He knows that we cannot, not sin. We all sin so very often. And God knows that too. God wants to forgive us, so He sent His dear Son to die for us and to pay our sin penalty. But what is Jesus called here in our verse? Do you remember? Jesus is called an advocate. The word advocate means our lawyer. God is our judge and we are guilty. But God, the Father sent Jesus to become our lawyer to stand up before the Father to plead our case. God declares us guilty, but Jesus paid our fine in God, the Father’s court! I can’t imagine a better lawyer than Jesus Christ. And I can’t imagine a fairer judge than God the Father. That is God our Father. That’s great to know, isn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment