Saturday, November 16, 2019

A Little Searching


Wednesday, I had a small lump removed from the inside of my forearm.  No big deal.  The doctor came in and began to examine the area.  He marked each edge with a special pen, and then began to numb the marked area with lidocaine.  The first prick hurt a little, but I felt nothing after that.  Good thing.  I began to get curious as he and the nurse worked carefully.  Now, don’t wimp out on me - I’m going somewhere with this story.  So, he made an incision and began to probe.  He pulled out some tissue and clipped it off.  Then he probed again, pulled out some more tissue and clipped again.  He did this about five times, and then he was done.  After three stitches, I was as good as new.  Well, almost.  Hey, that’s exactly how the dear Lord operates on our heart.  Except that God is probing for sin that lurks deep inside.  If we will let Him, He will reveal problems to us and then remove them.  God will reveal, convict, and forgive IF we will let Him.  “Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” Psalm 139:23, 24

No comments:

Post a Comment