Monday, November 25, 2019

The Kitchen Sponge


Last night was exciting.  I got to get out a new kitchen sponge.  Now before you blow me off, kitchen sponges are very important.  My wife and I disagree on sponge versus dishcloth.  Of course, she is of the dishcloth type.  Not me, I realize the superiority of the kitchen sponge.  My dear wife doesn’t like sponges because she says, and I quote her, “They stink”.  Well of course they stink.  That’s because she doesn’t take care of the kitchen sponge properly.  You didn’t know that there was a proper way of caring for a sponge, did you?  Well, there is.  When one finishes using the sponge, one must rinse it was hot water and then wring it out ensuring that minimal water remains.  It must then be set on the divider of the double-bowl kitchen sink to air dry.  Done properly, the kitchen sponge will give you days, if not weeks of good service.  My wife, however, puts our kitchen sponge in the dishwasher to clean it.  But of course, the soapy water and rinse water remain in the sponge - because it was not properly wrung out - and it comes out, to quote my dear wife, “Stinky”.  Once again, she prefers the dishcloth, which if properly wrung out …

No comments:

Post a Comment