Monday, January 24, 2011

Read Psalms 34:15  Today I was in Chick fil-A reading a book and drinking coffee.  Do you like coffee?  My Granny Whitely used to let me drink some of her coffee when I was a boy.  In Chick fil-A, I noticed 3 mothers talking at a table.  But there were several trays and kids' meal bags around them.  The ladies were talking while their kids were playing on the playground.  As the ladies talked among themselves, I noticed that they kept looking out of the corner of their eyes watching the playground.  Although these mothers were enjoying their conversation, they still kept an eye out for their kids.  They loved their children and didn't let their children out of their sight.  Verse 15 reminds us that our heavenly father is also watching over us making sure we are OK.  This verse also says that he listens for our cry.  If we are in trouble, we can cry out to the Lord and He will be right there to help.  We are never very far away from the Lord.  He is looking out for us and listening in case we need His help.  Isn't it wonderful to be able to depend upon God and to rest in His love?

No comments:

Post a Comment