Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Read Psalms 37:4-6  When my daughter Rebekah was very young, I had an old pick-up truck.   It was a 1953 GMC and it was blue and white.  I liked to stand her up on the tail-gate and hold out my hands and say, "Jump!"  At first she was kind of fearful.  She was nervous to jump.  She knew that her daddy would not let her fall, but still she was scared.  She would stand there for a few moments, nervously laughing, trying to gather up the courage to jump.  I kept holding out my hands saying, "Come on Becky, jump to me.  I won't drop you.  You can trust me."  Finally, she would jump.  She would squeal with joy as she flew through the air.  Then, I would catch her and swing her around and we both would laugh.  She enjoyed the thrill and I enjoyed her trusting me.  The word, delight in verse 4 means to thrill with joy.  We should love to be with God in His Word, the Bible and in prayer.  We can talk to God anytime in prayer!  Verse 5 says to trust in the Lord.  We need to let God decide the path that we will take in our life!  We need to trust in the Lord.  Verse 6 says that God will make everything beautiful if we trust in him.  Has God ever failed you?  Will He ever fail you?  Can you trust God?  Will you let God decide what you are going to do with your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment