Monday, November 7, 2016

II Corinthians 3:18



II Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. Our verse yesterday reminded us that we have freedom and liberty in Jesus Christ. We are free to become what we want to be. We don’t have to live in sin; we don’t have to be ruled by Satan and by our rotten habits. We can become the pure person that we want to be; we can become a better Christian day by day. So how do we do this? How do bad habits drop off and good habits grow? That is found in our verse for today. Paul uses the illustration of a glass – a mirror. When I get up in the morning, I go into the bathroom and I look into the mirror. I look into the mirror to see what I really look like. And when I do, I don’t like what I see. I am disappointed in myself. My hair is all tousled from rolling around in the bed all night. I have whiskers that need to be shaved off. I don’t like what I see. But because I see my problems, I can do something about them. I begin to comb my hair, and it looks better. I shave my beard (except for my moustache) and my face looks nice and smooth. I wash my face and brush my teeth and I take one more look in the mirror and smile. I like the improvement. And that’s the way it is with the mirror of God’s Word. I read the Bible and it tells me things that I don’t like to hear. It tells me that I am a sinner and displeasing to God. But now that I know it, I can do something about it. I read more in the Bible and I learn how I should be living to please God and to get along better with others. As I read and learn and obey, I am changed. I become a better person; I become more Christ-like. My life is changed by the mirror of God’s Word. So what about you? Are you being changed day by day? Hey! You are! You are reading God’s Word right now! Did you learn something to help you today? Good! Now obey it!

No comments:

Post a Comment