Saturday, November 18, 2017

I Kings 21:1-3



I Kings 21:1-3 And it came to pass after these things, that Naboth the Jezreelite had a vineyard, which was in Jezreel, hard by the palace of Ahab king of Samaria. And Ahab spake unto Naboth, saying, Give me thy vineyard, that I may have it for a garden of herbs, because it is near unto my house: and I will give thee for it a better vineyard than it; or, if it seem good to thee, I will give thee the worth of it in money. And Naboth said to Ahab, The LORD forbid it me, that I should give the inheritance of my fathers unto thee. Because Naboth refused to sell his vineyard to King Ahab, Ahab was ticked. He went back to the palace and hid in his bedroom refusing to come down for supper. When Jezebel asked him what the matter was he pouted like a spoiled little brat. Jezebel said, “Don’t you fret yourself. I’ll take care of the matter.” And she did. She found two crooked witnesses who swore that Naboth used God’s name in vain, and the men of Samaria stoned Naboth for blasphemy. Jezebel told Ahab, “Now go and take possession the Naboth’s vineyard, because Naboth is dead!” What a wicked woman! It may appear that she was getting away with murder - literally - but she wasn’t. God was filling up her cup of evil and it would soon spill over in judgement. God would punish Jezebel for her sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment