Monday, January 28, 2019

Only Child


January 10 was my youngest son’s birthday.  It’s hard to think of my baby boy turning 37 years old.  Wow! If he is that old then I must be … well, let’s not go there.  I remember when my dear wife, Kathy, was pregnant with our second child, Phillip.  She said, “I love our daughter Becky so much.  I don’t know if I can love another one too.”  But she did.  When Phillip was born, she loved him too.  Kathy didn’t have to cut her love in half when the second one came along, she just seemed to have more love for him too.  And the third, and the fourth.  Her love for the first one was not diminished; her love just grew for the next one.  Hey, that’s just the way it is with God.  With each sinner born into God’s forever family, His love just grows and grows and grows.  Actually, God loved us WHILE we were sinners BEFORE we were His children.  Every moment of each day, God carefully listens to the prayers of millions of His children all at the same time.  He can, because He is God.  When I pray to God, I feel as if I were God’s only child and He is attentively listening to my each and every word that I say.  And He does.  And God listens to you just the same.  And to you, and you, and you, and …

No comments:

Post a Comment