Friday, January 25, 2019

Two Dogs


I have two interesting dogs in my neighborhood.  One is an Irish setter that chases cars - when he feels like it.  The other is an Australian blue healer that always makes his rounds early in the morning.  They both do instinctively what they are bred to do.  It’s in their DNA.  They remind me of the two dogs mentioned in Psalm 23.  What?  You didn’t know about the two dogs in the Shepherd Psalm?  You find them in verse 6.  They are the two sheepdogs that guard the Lord’s flock of sheep and do the shepherd’s bidding.  They are named Goodness and Mercy.  “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.” Psalm 23:6  God has his two faithful sheepdogs nipping at my heels keeping me in line.  God’s goodness and God’s mercy is forever upon me.  I can’t get away from God’s goodness and mercy.  The Lord is so good and so merciful to me that I can’t escape His love.  The Good Lord’s love compels me to follow and obey Him.  So, how about you?  Have you trusted in The Good Shepherd?  Is His Goodness and Mercy following you?

No comments:

Post a Comment