Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Silent Prayer Requests




Four years ago, I made a rolling stand for a microwave in the church fellowship hall.  The kids needed the microwave at eye-level for lunchtime at school.  So, I made a four-sided box out of ¾” plywood about three feet high.  I put a bottom in the box to have something to mount the casters on.  The bottom made the box solid with no way to get inside.  I made a slot on the side near the top and told the students that the slot was for “unspoken prayer requests”.  Anyone can write their most personal request on a piece of paper and slide it into the box and it will never come out.  Only God knows what the request is.  And I believe that God hears and answers prayer.  “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.” Matthew 7:7

No comments:

Post a Comment