Sunday, January 20, 2019

Salvaged

I bought a 1990 Ford Aerostar van from George Gray for a great price. But I soon realized that President Obama, in his “Cash for Clunkers” plan, crushed almost all of the vehicles built before 2000. Now I have to search junkyards to find parts for my aging van. As I walk down the rows of car after car in the junkyard, I realize that those cars were once bought brand new off the showroom floor. And now they are moldering in the weeds, rain, and rust of a junkyard. But I enjoy finding an old truck to scavenge a brake rotor or tie rod. I like to see an old part that has been sitting out in the weather for twenty years repurposed on my running van. Well, actually, running for now. Hey, that’s exactly what Jesus Christ does for old sinners like me. Jesus redeems a worthless soul and makes him new. The Apostle Paul says that “if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature,” II Corinthians 5:17 And someday, Jesus will come again and “make all things new.” Revelation 21:5 Have you let Jesus make you into a new creature? Have you been born again?

No comments:

Post a Comment