Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Selfie

A young lady stood on a freezing spit of land overlooking at a beautiful lighthouse covered in sea ice. She took out her cellphone to take a picture, but her glasses fogged up and she couldn’t see anything. So, she pointed her phone in the general direction of the lighthouse and took several pictures at various angles, hoping to get at least one good picture. Later, as she looked at her phone pictures, she realized that her camera had been turned to take “selfies”. She said, “In picture after picture, my focus was on me, and me, and me.” John the Baptist didn’t have that problem. John the Baptist was focused on Jesus. In John 1:29, he told everyone to look to Jesus, the Lamb of God. Then he said in John 3:30, that “He (Jesus) must increase, but I must decrease.” What a selfless verse! What a selfless attitude! Hey, let’s make much of Jesus and less of us in 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment