Monday, September 18, 2023

Cowboys

 


I got tired of television’s reality shows, so lately, I have been watching the old cowboy movies and programs on Dish channel 217.  They call it Grit TV.  It has “Laramie”, “Wyatt Earp”, and “Death Valley Days”.  Many of the guest cameo characters got their start on these feature shows and went on to star in their own programs.  But it’s confusing to me.  I can’t wrap my mind around a cowboy show that has the captain in “Gilligan’s Island” in it.  And Lloyd Bridges from “Sea Hunt” with a cowboy hat.  But the worst was seeing Aunt Bea slinking around in a saloon scene.  Why, Aunt Bea ought to know better than to be in a saloon, being from “Mayberry, RFD”.  I watched one show entitled “The Cowboy and the Redhead”.  But it’s in black and white, so I’m not sure which one is the redhead.  Oh well …  Solomon said not to long for the “good old days”.  He said in Ecclesiastes 7”10, “Say not thou, What is the cause that the former days were better than these? for thou dost not enquire wisely concerning this.”  The old days or the new days are not better or worse, just different.  And you are right Solomon.  There is nothing new under the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment