Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Difficult Times

 

I am overwhelmed with the kind words from so many friends following my medical event (I still don’t think it was a heart attack).  Many have said that they were so sorry for me.  But did you realize that the Lord was not sorry for my problems?!  Hey, everything that happens in my life is under the control of my heavenly Father.  God uses good and bad things to teach me and to accomplish His ultimate purpose for me.  For the Lord, there are no bad things and good things.  He uses them all!  Paul said in Romans 5:3-5, “… but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed …”  (And just a reminder: never pray for patience because the dear Lord will give you tribulation to teach you patience.)  But what a wonderful chain of events that follow tribulation!  Hey, let the Lord direct your life.  Don’t wallow in pity with hard times.  Rest in the knowledge that God is using every event in your life for your good.  Yes, He is!

No comments:

Post a Comment