Sunday, September 10, 2023

Dialysis Bag

 


My wife goes to dialysis three days a week.  She is a trooper and doesn’t usually complain.  But if she does, she gets a pass from me.  I donate platelets and plasma at Ft. Oglethorpe Blood Assurance about once a month, so I understand a little about what my wife goes through.  The difference is that my donation is voluntary, only one hour long, and only once a month.  Her dialysis is mandatory, three hours long, and three days a week!  My wife has a bag that she takes with her to dialysis.  It has in it her blanket, pillow, headphones, Kleenex, cough drops, Band-Aids, lip gloss, animal crackers, and medicines.  And when she gets home after her morning at dialysis, she is so done with that bag!  I wash her blanket and pillowcase, but Kathy doesn’t want to see that bag at all (until the next dialysis session).  She tosses that bag into the back of the bedroom where she can’t even see it, because it reminds her of difficult times.  Peter tells us to dispose of our cares just like my wife discards her dialysis bag: I Peter 5:7, “Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.”  Jesus confidently tells us to throw our cares upon Him.  Hey, Jesus can handle your problems!  Yes, He can!  Don’t worry, don’t fret.  Just throw those cares upon the strong shoulders of the dear Lord, just like my wife throws her dialysis bag into the corner.  And the best part of the verse is that Jesus CAN take care of your problems, and that Jesus CARES about your problems!  Yes, He does!

No comments:

Post a Comment