Monday, September 25, 2023

Writing a Check

 

I went by Home Depot a while back to pick up some trim for my house.  I gathered up my stuff and got in line.  The check-out line was moving rather slowly, even though there was only one man ahead of me.  Being the nosy person that I am, I peeked around the older customer and noticed that he was writing a check.  Now, I’m not saying anything against older people because I am one!  But I was intrigued.  It has been months since I had seen someone writing a check in public.  The man finally left, and it was my turn.  I mumbled to the cashier, “Wow, that was freaky!  Writing a check!”  She smiled and answered, “I’ve never even written a check!”  Are we living in a new world or what?!  Hey, in the end times, the new world order will require identification to buy or sell, not unlike a chip under the skin on the back of your hand (or forehead)!  John said in Revelation 13:17, “And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.”  I use my credit card to slide, chip, or tap for almost every purchase that I make.  But after reading Revelation once again, I think I’ll start using cash a little more.  What about you?  Hmmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment