Sunday, September 17, 2023

Nylons

 

This past Thursday was the second day that I helped my grandson, Bennett, with his science fair project.  It brought back wonderful memories.   Well, most of the memories were wonderful.  Years ago, I helped my students through the Scientific Procedure with all the supporting stuff: logbook, research, apparatus, data, display, and paper.  Thursday, I got to help my grandson work on his Van de Graaff generator.  Bennett and I needed vinyl tubing and some nylon to generate the static electrical imbalance.  So, we stopped by CVS pharmacy to get some ladies’ nylons to use on the upper roller.  And yes, I felt awkward buying ladies’ stockings.  Bennett must have too, because he wanted to stay in the car to do something or another.  I had to read each pantyhose label because some had a Spandex or Lycra blend (I needed pure nylon).  As I read each label, I kept looking around to see if anyone was walking by.  I didn’t want to be seen reading pantyhose labels.  If the manager watched the security video of me, he would have suspected me of shoplifting with all of my shifty glances.  I got my pantyhose, quickly bought them (at the self-checkout kiosk) and hurried to the car.  Solomon said in Proverbs 17:6, “Children's children are the crown of old men; and the glory of children are their fathers.”  What a grandfather won’t do for a grandson!

No comments:

Post a Comment