Saturday, October 12, 2013

Proverbs 29:15

Proverbs 29:15  The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame. Oh no! Here is one of those correction verses. But, we have to deal with it. Oh well. I remember getting into trouble when I was a kid. Actually, I still get into trouble! When I disobeyed, my mother spoke to me and told me that I was being naughty. If I continued to ignore her warnings, she had to give me a spanking. My mother used little thin switches. You might not think that a thin switch is effective, but it is. Trust me! It usually only took one lash and I would remember what I should have remembered before. It is funny how a little switch helped me remember! As I got older and was tempted to do wrong things, I would hear my mother warning me in my head. She was not around, but I remembered her warnings and I had learned to do right. Those switchings helped me to learn to be obedient and to do right. My mother has said many times that she is proud of me. But actually, she is the one who formed me into the man that I am. She formed me when I was a little boy. If she would not have corrected me, I would have grown up being selfish and strong-willed. And I would be a man that my mother would be ashamed of. We all need correction. We need to grow up and to make our parents proud and not make them ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment