Thursday, October 24, 2013

Proverbs 30:4

Proverbs 30:4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell? God is powerful. God is wise. God's knowledge is far above us. Let me explain it like this. Bennett is three years old - soon to be four. I do magic with him. I show him a quarter and then I say, "Now close your eyes." and he does. Then I put the quarter in my pocket and hold out my empty hand. Then I say, "OK Bennett, now open your eyes." He is amazed to see that the quarter has vanished and there is nothing in my hand. I know, I know, I am mean. But it is easy to trick a little boy. It isn't that he is dumb; it's just that I am older and wiser than he is. And God is so much wiser than we are! Have we been to God's house? Can we gather the hurricane winds up into our fists? Where were we when the world was made? God is so much higher than we are. But He loves us and wants to be our friend. How amazing! The Creator of the universe wants to be our friend! We are so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment