Sunday, October 13, 2013

Read Proverbs 29:17

Proverbs 29:17  Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest; yea, he shall give delight unto thy soul. It seems like we just talked about correction. Oh, we did.I suppose that Solomon had a naughty son and he had to talk about correction several times. Could it be that our parents have naughty children as well? No, I am sure our parents have little angels for children. No. not quite! Romans 3:23 says that we are all sinners. So we need to spend some more time on correction. I think that children are like a garden. If you work and pull out the weeds when the garden plants are little, your garden will grow well. But if you don't work early and pull out those weeds, the weeds will take over the garden and the weeds will choke out the vegetable plants. If you wait around and neglect your garden, later in the summer will be too late! The good plants will be smothered out and gone! the only thing left in your garden will be ugly, useless weeds. Our verse says that if we correct our son - and daughter - They will grow up good and will give us rest. Here it goes: I am glad that my mother corrected me. And I am glad that your mother corrected you! really - it was for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment