Sunday, October 27, 2013

Proverbs 30:7-9

Proverbs 30:7-9 Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die: Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain. Solomon said that there were two things that were dangerous. Two things that will get us into trouble. If you have too much money or if you have too little money. Both are dangerous. Solomon said that if you did not have enough bread, what might you do? You might be so hungry that you might be tempted to steal.  And Solomon said that if you have too much bread what might you do? You might be tempted to forget God and think that you had gotten all of that bread all by yourself. We should not forget God. If we have too little, we will forget God and if we have too much we will forget God. Both are temptations. Solomon said that he wanted just enough bread.  We are commanded in the Lord's prayer in Matthew 6 to pray for our daily bread. We need to realize that everything that we have comes from God, our heavenly Father. Just like our earthly dad takes care of us, our heavenly Father takes care of us. He is a trustworthy Father indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment