Thursday, August 7, 2014

Romans 7:18,19



Romans 7:18,19 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. These verses sound confusing, but actually they are very simple. Paul is saying that the things that he knows he should be doing – he just can’t seem to do them. But the bad things that he knows he shouldn’t be doing – those are the ones that he just seems to do automatically. Paul struggled to control his wicked body. And that’s our problem too! We want to stay on a diet, but we can’t. We want to be kind to our family members, but we forget. We want to do our chores at home, but we can’t seem to remember them. Our problem is just like Paul’s problem: we have to deal with sinful bodies. So how can we overcome our sinful tendencies? We’ll find out tomorrow. Paul found the answer. What do you think it is?

No comments:

Post a Comment