Monday, September 22, 2014

Philippians 3:7,8



Philippians 3:7,8 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, Your father uses numbers every day to keep his business organized. He uses a program on his computer called a spread sheet. Paul is using the same number theme here in our verses for today. Paul puts all of the things that he was working for in his life on one side of the number column. Then he puts all of the wonderful things that he has because of Jesus Christ on the other side. And what happens with the numbers? Paul’s selfish side can’t even compare with the Jesus side. Actually, Paul says that his selfish side amounts to nothing but dung. Have your dad google the word dung. It means manure! All of the stuff that Paul had been working for during his entire life was like pooh when compared to Jesus Christ! Wow! I didn’t say that; Paul said it! Paul said that he wanted to win Christ. Jesus Christ was everything to him. Is Jesus Christ special to you? I hope He is.

1 comment:

  1. Alex read your devotion each night at vacation. Will, Levi, and Jack thought this one was exceptionally funny! Thank you for writing these, Grandad.

    ReplyDelete