Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Romans 16:6-9



Romans 16:6-9 Greet Mary, who bestowed much labour on us. Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me. Greet Amplias my beloved in the Lord. Salute Urbane, our helper in Christ, and Stachys my beloved. Here we have more verses which list six more people who Paul wanted to greet personally. Paul lists Andronicus and Junia who were prisoners as well as Paul. They were probably going to be executed just like Paul was, but Paul wasn’t whining or sad. He thought it was a privilege to suffer and to die for Jesus Christ! Andronicus and Junia were standing strong for Jesus. And Paul was proud of their stand for Jesus! When Paul calls Stachys and Amplias beloved, he speaks of these ladies with tender love. These were sweet Christian ladies, but they were not wimps! They were kind ladies but strong in their faith in Jesus Christ! They would no doubt soon be facing persecution as Paul, Andronicus, and Junia were. All of these Christians were dear friends who helped one another. I hope that I can be a good Christian helper of others as these fine people were! Happy birthday, Will!

1 comment: