Saturday, July 4, 2015

Genesis 47:28-30



Genesis 47:28-30 And Jacob lived in the land of Egypt seventeen years: so the whole age of Jacob was an hundred forty and seven years. And the time drew nigh that Israel must die: and he called his son Joseph, and said unto him, If now I have found grace in thy sight, ... deal kindly and truly with me; bury me not, I pray thee, in Egypt: But I will lie with my fathers, and thou shalt carry me out of Egypt, and bury me in their burying place. And he said, I will do as thou hast said. Jacob lived a long, long life. The last few years he lived in Egypt. I am sure that he enjoyed his son, Joseph, and his grandchildren, but Jacob longed for his home back in the Promised Land. So when he was about to die, he instructed Joseph to take his body back to Canaan and bury him there. And that is what Joseph did. The Egyptians embalmed Jacob just like they did to all of the important people who died. And with a great procession, Joseph took his father’s body back to Canaan and buried him in the cave in the field of Machpelah, where Abraham and Sarah were also buried. Joseph kept his promise to his father! And when you make a promise you should keep it. So don’t make many promises. But when you do, be sure to keep them!

No comments:

Post a Comment