Wednesday, December 4, 2019

A Sparrow


My wife decided to retire the two lighted wire-deer that we use for outside Christmas decorations.  I think that the burned-out lights on the right side of the doe reminded her of a stroke.  So, we got four wreaths complete with red ribbons and lights.  I get to turn them on each night and off just after the news goes off.  It’s a cold job, but very important.  So, tonight I went out at sunset to turn on the power bar that powers all four lighted wreaths.  When the lights came on, a sparrow shot out of one of the wreaths and flew into the darkening night sky.  I hope it found somewhere to land and somewhere to sleep.  I’m sure it did, because Jesus said that God watches over them.  God watches over sparrows and every other creature across the face of this old earth.  And God watches over you and me too!  Jesus said in Luke 12:6&7, “Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.”  Yes, you are.  You are very valuable to your heavenly Father.  And never forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment