Saturday, December 7, 2019

Birthdays


My son John feels “shorted” because his birthday is January 10.  Some people say, “This gift is for Christmas AND for your birthday too,” meaning, “I’m too cheap to buy you two presents.”  My poor sister-in-law is worse.  Nickie’s birthday is Christmas eve.  We intentionally try to celebrate her birthday on Christmas eve so that she has a birthday just like everybody else.  So, how about Jesus?  Do you think that He feels left out on His birthday when we all give gifts to each other?  I picture Jesus standing near our Christmas tree holding that tiny little envelope that I put into the offering plate at church the week before.  Do I make Him feel special on Christmas?  Do I make Him feel special on His birthday?  Let’s keep Christ at the center of Christmas this year, and let’s really mean it when we say it!

No comments:

Post a Comment