Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Paying Taxes

Today I went down to the Catoosa County assessor’s office to pay my house taxes. The State of Georgia tax system is frustrating to me. I have to pay the car and truck license fees on my birthday and the house taxes by December 20. So, happy birthday and Merry Christmas from the State of Georgia! As I was driving, I thought of Mary and Joseph going to pay their taxes too. I rode in a heated car over a smooth asphalt road and wrote a check when I arrived. The cashier used a computer to find my name and credit me for paying the tax within two minutes. Mary was nine months pregnant and they traveled 90 miles over rough terrain. No hotels were available, so they camped out under the stars. Or under the rain clouds. No warm meals, only cold bread. And then the disappointment of no room when they arrived in Bethlehem. I'm sure that Joseph felt inadequate as his wife went into labor in a stable, of all places!. What kind of a husband was he?! But as they stared into the face of that tiny little boy later that night, all problems were forgotten. They were looking into the face of the Messiah, Who would deliver Israel. Wow! Hey, He’s our Messiah too. After all, “Messiah” in Greek is “Christ”. He is called Jesus Christ, the Savior. Is He your Savior? He wants to be. Trust Him now, while you can. Luke 2:11, “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.”

No comments:

Post a Comment