Saturday, December 14, 2019

Giving to God


Sometimes when things get tight around the house, the first thing to suffer is our giving to the church.  We just can’t afford to give.  But that’s not true.  We can’t afford NOT to give to God.  The story is told of the church member who felt convicted to give one tenth of his income to the church.  And God blessed him for his commitment.  He prospered at work and was given several raises.  But then the pastor noticed that his giving had dwindled to nothing.  He confronted his member, and the member responded, “When I was making $100 a week, I gave God $10.  Right off the top.  But now that I am making $1,000 a week, my tithe is up to $100!  That’s a lot of money!  I can’t afford to give that much money!”  The pastor thought a moment and said, “I know it’s hard to give $100 a week, so I am going to pray that God would knock you back down to making $100 a week so that you can afford to tithe.”  God blesses us, and we should return a portion of that blessing to Him.  Don’t be stingy giving to God; after all, He gave His very Best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment