Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Follow the Detour


Last summer, because of my wife’s poor health, I was able to conduct only one VBS, and that was because it was local.  Well, sort of local.  It was at Faith Baptist Church in Cartersville, GA.  I drove back and forth each night traveling about an hour and a quarter each way.  One night, my wife was able to ride with me and she had sweet fellowship with the pastor’s wife.  On the way down, we received an alert from Google maps of a blockage on the highway just ahead.  We were moving right along, and I hesitated to listen to the lady on Google, but I am glad that I did.  We got off the interstate and began following a local road which snaked back and forth taking us over the interstate, which was at a standstill.  I made several turns on tiny country roads and finally eased back onto the interstate.  It was uncanny looking back as I merged onto the interstate because there were no cars coming.  Not a single one!  The road was totally blocked, not doubt because of a fatality.  Had I not followed the GPS and the detour that it suggested, I would have missed my appointment with Brother Foster in Cartersville.  Hey, has your life ever taken a detour?  Joseph’s life did in the book of Genesis.  King David’s life took a detour after he sinned with Bathsheba and had her husband murdered.  Daniel and his three Hebrew friends had a detour as teenagers in Babylon.  Hey, God knows what He is doing when we face a detour.  So, do we listen to God’s GPS that tells us the best way ahead?  Do we follow God’s leading?  Paul said it best in Romans 8:28, “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”  Why not let God direct your life?  He knows the best way ahead.  Trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment