Thursday, February 6, 2020

Patience


I am so impatient.  Guilty.  I don’t like to wait at a traffic light.  I even watch the light going the other way just to get a split-second head start on my green light.  And doctor offices wear me down.  Why do I have an appointment for 9 AM when everyone knows that the doctor won’t see me until 10 AM?  Now I know why it’s called a “waiting room”.  I get done with supper at Cracker Barrell and can’t wait to get the check.  I look around for the waiter and fume, “What’s taking so long?”  But have you ever noticed that God isn’t in a hurry?  He has all the time in the world.  It could be that God is using difficulties in my life to develop patience.  James 1:3 & 4 says, “Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.”  The following statement doesn’t seem to make sense, but it really does: the only way to overcome impatience is to be patient.  And God is wise to enough to send us difficult situations to help us to develop patience.  So, be careful what you ask for.  Don’t ask for patience, or God will give you trials to develop your patience.  Ask for wisdom during your testing, and you’ll get patience … for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment