Friday, February 28, 2020

White Gloves


Michael Jackson’s white gloves sold for $350,000 in 2009.  I have gloves that I use for roofing that look very similar but sell for about $4.  So, what gives?!  Why can’t I up the price of my gloves?!  Why are Michael Jackson’s gloves worth so much more than my gloves?!  I have discovered that there are two reasons.  The first difference is who wears the gloves.  Michael Jackson is famous and Gerald Whitely is not.  And the second reason is what someone is willing to pay.  Someone valued Michael Jackson’s gloves so much that they were willing to pay $350,000 for them.  Hey, there’s a lesson here.  I am worth nothing in myself.  But God sent His precious Son, Jesus, to give His life to redeem my soul.  Therefore, God puts extreme value upon me.  And God puts extreme value on you!  You are special to Almighty God!  The apostle Peter said in I Peter 1:18,19, “Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:”  Jesus paid an extremely expensive price for your soul.  Have you accepted His offer of salvation?  Never forget that Jesus loves you so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment