Friday, February 7, 2020

Witnesses


Years ago, I was traveling on rain-slick Highway 153 when I saw a semi-truck plow over a pick-up truck.  I helped a couple and their twelve-year-old daughter out of the ditch to safety.  No big thing.  But then, six months later, I was summoned to court as a witness in their suit against the trucking company.  When I got on the witness stand, the bailiff held out a Bible, asked me to place my left hand on it, raise my right hand, and repeat after him, “I solemnly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me God.”  Wow!  What a serious statement that I had to affirm.  Hey, that’s what the apostles of Jesus were asked to do in the book of Acts.  They were asked to repeat the truth about Jesus … the whole truth and nothing but the truth.  And they did.  And what were they called?  You guessed it, “witnesses”.  Acts 4:33, “And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.”  They obeyed the Lord’s command to be witnesses.  Are you obeying the Lord’s command?  If you are, you are a witness.  Good job!  Keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment