Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Black Slacks

My wife bought a new pair of black slacks that I washed in a load of dark clothes.  But they came out with fuzz all over them.  The culprit was a blue robe.  Kathy had to roll up tape on her fingers, sticky-side out, and laboriously clean off the fuzz.  So the next time I washed the robe by itself.  But in the next load of dark clothes, the slacks came out with fuzz all over them again.  I was getting ready to blame a towel when I realized that the real problem wasn’t the robe or the towel, but the slacks themselves.  I should have washed the slacks by themselves.  Hey, have you ever misdiagnosed a problem?  Maybe you had a problem with a co-worker.  And then the next day, had a run-in with your boss.  And then the following day had a problem with your son.  Could it be that the real problem is YOU and not everyone else?! Job said to the dear Lord in Job 6:24, “Teach me, and I will hold my tongue: and cause me to understand wherein I have erred.”  When the blessed Holy Spirit shows you that you are in error, do you accept His Words?  Or do you try to justify yourself?  It’s like the doting mother watching her son’s military platoon marching.  She remarked, “Everyone is out of step except my son Johnnie.”  Are you out of step with the rest of the world?  It may be time to re-evaluate yourself.  It may be time to get back into step with your loving heavenly Father.  Think about it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment